This is one of my favorite smoothies; it has all the amazing benefits of spinach and blueberries, plus cacao powder, which is LOADED with antioxidants and has ZERO sugar! For a sweet tooth, give this a try. You’ll feel healthier and its completely guilt-frsee.
Spinach contains Vitamins K, A, B, C, & E. It’s an anti-inflammatory for your body. It means your blood won’t clot, you’ll be fighting off cancer, heart disease, and many other degenerative diseases, as well as protection from free radicals.
Blueberries are filled with antioxidants and other vitamins to boost your immune system and fight off disease. They’re also great for anti-aging.
Raw cacao has even more antioxidants than blueberries, plus it’s what they make chocolate out of minus the sugar. Chocolate flavor + no sugar = heaven on earth.
How to make:
Combine in a high-speed blender:
- 1 bag of organic baby spinach
- 1 package of organic frozen blueberries
- Cacao to taste (the more you add, the more “chocolately” it will be!)
- Unsweetened almond milk to taste (the more you add, the thinner it will be)
- Optional: You could also add in a banana to make it creamier.
Ta-da! Creamy, chocolate-y, healthy goodness.
By Dylan Davies
[Photo credit: Holistic Nutritionista]