Whether you’re wishing the snow away in the east or counting down until more bikini days in the west, it’s time to stock up the closet before Spring is a Surprise! Here are five pieces you are going to want stocked in your closet this season.
1. Luxe Sweatshirts
- Spring can leave a lingering chill so why not battle it in style. Sweatshirts with fun prints are in and maintain quite the lifespan in your closet. Pair a cute sweatshirt with a collared undershirt or a pair of leather leggings or skirt to make it officewear
- Where to buy: Urban Outfitters
2. Tea-Length Skirts
- Whether you’re putting in a day at the office or galavanting to a picnic in the park, tea length skirts are going to be a personal go to for this spring. Pair with a cropped top or contrasted button down to add a more modern approach to this 50’s spin.
- Where to buy: Modcloth
3. Color-Blocked Heels
- Color blocked heels are a great way to add a pop of color to and outfit this spring. Keep them open toed with a bold pedicure to really bring on the vibe of summer. Wear with jeans, your Tea Length skirt or even a pair of cute shorts. These multi-toned pumps go with everything, no matter what color you choose!
- Where to buy: Aldo Shoes
4. Wide Legged Pants (aka Palazzo Pants)
- Interested in being stylish AND comfortable? Well if you haven’t gathered it already, that’s what this spring is all about. Some light and airy Palazzo Pants will spice up any look. Any bold print can be paired with a cropped top or a collared button down sleeveless blouse and blazer to keep them from looking like sleepwear. Finish with a kitten or color blocked heel and a bold lip color for a night out!
- Where to buy: GoJane.com
5. Sporty Bomber Jackets
- One of the hottest trends for Spring 2014 is a fun and sleek athletic look. Grab a bomber jacket to top off and spring fashion. Wear over a mini skirt and blouse or with jeans and a pair of old chucks. Whether you prefer floral, printed or classic solid colors, the Bomber Jacket is a quick way to make an ordinary outfit a high fashion look.
- Where to buy: H&M
By Lori Gottlieb